7.29.2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. Alice all of a sudden is deathly afraid of the vacuum cleaner. It's quite amusing actually to see her get all excited by it until it comes towards her.

2. The storage unit looks more like an aisle at Babies R Us. Can you tell I'm sentimental lately?

3. Crock pots are fabulous! I'm on a kick right now and I can't get over how good this dish we had last week was. And it's pretty darn good for you too!

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - FROZEN
1 c Salsa
1/2 can cream of mushroom soup - low fat
1/2 bag reduced sodium taco seasoning
1/3 c water
dollop of low fat sour cream

Add chicken to a cold pot and sprinkle with taco seasoning. Pour salsa, soup, and water on top. Cook on low for 8 hours (or high for 4-5). Remove chicken from sauce and mix in the sour cream. Return the chicken to the sauce and serve over rice.

OMG was this amazing! The chicken came out SO tender and juicy that I'm going to do pulled chicken BBQ for sandwiches this week, and at some point I'm going to attempt to do Mom's cream chicken in the crock pot too. MMMM.

4. She has a new favorite book this week, "The Monster At the End of This Book". The kid's got great taste. She's been carrying it with her everywhere and I must get her "reading" it on video.

5. Alice has spiders living in her bed, or at least that's what my MIL thinks. She has five suspicious bumps on her leg that we have been watching very closely. My MIL thinks that since no one had been using the twin bed until recently little critters have set up shop and gorged on baby flesh while we were sleeping. Hopefully the Lysol and bug spray in the room will take care of that.

6. We have to watch Alice carefully around trashcans now. I won't go into detail as I know Matt will start dry heaving just reading this. Of course Matt dry heaves at just about anything.

7. Matt was finally able to pass down a prized possession of his this week, a rocking horse his godparents made for him when he was little. And thanks to Uncle Fred who fixed it up she can actually ride it now.

8. Matt is doing really good on the diet. Me, not so much.

9. Alice is $20 richer than we thought she was. I've kept every card we've received since Alice was born and this week I thought it was time I went through and weeded them out. Good thing I actually read them all because I found a $20 bill in one!

10. Rach would be proud, I'm finally reading the Harry Potter books. I'm almost done with book 1 and I have 2 and 3 ready to go after that.


I hope all is well with the rest of you!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you all so much. Thanks for the recipe. I'm back on it too. Kiss the baby for us.

C

Anonymous said...

OOOOH! I love the new banner!

Here's another yummy for the crockpot:

General George's No-Peak Beef
(As taught to me by retired Army General George Hillard)

2 lb. stew meat
Some sliced mushrooms (as many as you like, or none if you don't, fresh or in a jar)
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 cup dry red wine (or you can use beef broth, but the wine really kicks up the flavor and the alcohol cooks off)
1 small can condensed cream of something soup (I use mushroom, but if you hate 'em, try celery)

into the pot, in that order. Cook on low for about eight hours. DO NOT PEAK.

Serve over rice or egg noodles.

Grin in delight; it's THAT good.

niftysunburn said...

I had a dream last night. We were all back home. You guys, me, Mike, etc. I was giving Alice hugs and she just kept saying, "miss you"

Anonymous said...

James, you made me cry!

Your Goddaughter visited you while you slept. How beautiful is that?

Becky said...

oh geeze, i'm weepy over here too. miss you james.