7.21.2008

Best Vacation EVER - Part II

One of the best parts about vacation was just siting around and enjoying each other's company. Although this picture brings to mind the word boredom than family bonding.

Of course the girls's favorite pastime was cleaning the house. I can't say that Alice gets that trait from me and I'm willing to bet that Kaylee doesn't get that from Mike either. Us Rice kids have never been known for our tidiness.


They also both enjoyed cooking with Grandma, this is something I will gladly lay claim to (although I apparently don't know how to cook for 11 people).

Kaylee enjoying her word book that I'm sure she got from the same relative Alice got hers from. I JUST this week discovered that we have the same one (gah, with all the books we have it got lost). It can't be a coincidence, and I'm sorry for my poor memory to whomever got it for Alice.

I'm SO unbelievably glad that Maggie was able to come. I think we all enjoyed having her around even if she did make me slather lotion on her skin. I didn't want to get the hose again, so I gave in.

Alice is obsessed with facial hair at the moment (no "Becky has a beard" jokes from the peanut gallery, mmkay? :) ) as her favorite book is pat the bunny (and her favorite page is the daddy page). She went from lovingly hugging James, to thoughtfully stroking his beard.

Double Trouble. These girls were definitely up to something.

Awww, look at that family portrait! Tori and Ryan both appear to have a bit of Asian in them, while the Rice boys look like they could be related to Popeye.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I am CRYING just reading your captions!

And thanks for the adept slathering of aloe lotion. You're a life-saver. And of course, I'd do the same for you!