12.22.2008

So It's Been 21 Weeks...

And I've hardly mentioned this pregnancy! Granted I haven't posted much either, but we won't bring that up again. So far things have been going well. I had the typical 1st trimester morning sickness and fatigue accompanied by killer migraines. Once I hit 13 or 14 weeks though things started to get back to normal. I'm still feeling a bit of fatigue, and I'm having some mild pregnancy related tachycardia, but it's nothing I didn't have with Alice. My doctors figured then that I'm just sensitive to pregnancy induced anemia, and they seem to think the same this time around. Thankfully I've already had all the testing done so I don't have to go through any of that again this time around (THANK THE LORD!).

I've been feeling the baby kick for quite a while now, but nothing that was too significant. In fact, up until a few weekends ago I never had a kick that I was 100% sure was baby and not gas (seriously). I was pretty sure, but it wasn't until we went to go see Changeling that I was absolutely sure I was getting whacked by the baby. I swear the little stinker didn't stop moving the whole time we were in the movie theater! In fact since then I've felt the baby A LOT (a lot more than I ever felt Alice at this stage) every day. It's kind of nice, especially since it's not the DAMMIT KID, THAT HURTS! kind of movement yet.

Here I am at 21 weeks - much larger than I was with Alice at this point!

So today was the anatomy scan that they do at around 20 weeks. Everything looks good to my untrained eye, but what do I know. Baby is measuring about 8 days behind my current EDD, but I tend to have longer cycles and my OB told me with my first ultrasound that he would like to adjust it to reflect the longer cycles, but baby measured 6 days behind the EDD and they only adjust it if baby measures 7 days or more behind. So we'll see, they may just adjust it to around May 11th. The tech didn't stay too long on one particular spot, so I'm assuming for now that that is good. With Alice they couldn't get a good look at the four chambers of the heart and they stayed on that for quite a while trying to get a picture. I'll find out for sure in a few days when the doctor calls. My uterus must just be more comfortable when laying facing outward because this baby, just like Alice, was facing outward. So no pretty profile shot with this one either. The tech tried for us b/c I had mentioned not getting one with Alice, but it's not quite a full profile.

Hands up by the face.

Skeletor Face.

The attempt at a profile shot. Head in the bottom left corner.

SOOOOOO...up until yesterday I was all set on NOT finding out the sex with this baby just like we did with Alice. For some reason my brain was churning all night and all day today and I broke down and decided that I wanted to find out the sex, if for nothing else than for the experience. I know I can prepare for a baby w/o knowing the sex because we did it with Alice, I don't care one way or the other if it's a boy or a girl so I don't need 20 more weeks to prepare myself for the opposite sex of what I wanted. I just wanted to know to say that I did it once in my life. So without dragging this out even more, in May the Bathje/Rice family is going to add one more...

GIRL!


Btw, Alice was so excited and could not stop talking about seeing the baby on the TV at the doctor's office. I sure hope she's this excited when the baby is actually here!

If any of you out there know my Mother in law, you're sworn to
secrecy because she absolutely does not want to know!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! another girl!!! congrats, my dear!

niftysunburn said...

And the Rice curse continues....

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you by the tree ... what beautiful girl/s!

Unknown said...

Girls? Was that a comment about my sister's shoulders?

And STILL no boys ... looks like you'll just gave to try again.