8.05.2008

Ten on Tuesday

1. I reminisced about South Haven today. The beach toys have been sitting on my deck since we unloaded the car after the trip home. I had forgotten about them until they fell over in the bad storm last night. Today I decided it was about time I washed them up and put them away and I couldn't help but think of our time there as I washed the sand down the drain.

2. Cottage cheese is a pain to clean off of carpet.

3. Maggie's recipe from last week is incredible! Even Alice, my little herbivore, loved it.

4. AIM chat sucks. Whoever heard of not being able to video chat if you don't have a camera yourself (yes, we're getting this set up this week).

5. If I can help it, I will not ask Alice if she is ready to leave places anymore.

Mommy: Are you ready to leave the bean Alice?
Alice: Uh, NO!

Mommy: Are you ready to leave the park Alice?
Alice: Uh, NO!

Mommy: Are you ready to get out of the water now Alice?
Alice: Uh, NO!

Mommy: Are you ready to leave Grandma and Grandpa's house Alice?
Alice: Uh, NO (insert crying fit HERE)!

6. Alice is practicing for her teenage years. Her new favorite thing is the tongue kiss. She thinks it's hysterical. Me, not so much. :)

7. I'm on the 4th Harry Potter book. I'm hoping they'll release the paperback version of book 7 here in the states by the time I get to it.

8. Should be an interesting weekend. Friday we're off to Matt's Aunt and Uncle's house for the annual Tug Fest. I've never watched the actual tug, but good times are always had by all, and they have the best fireworks I've ever seen. Next year, Dad.

9. We unexpectedly went over to my BIL's house tonight to help him eat frozen hamburgers that were defrosting. He's one of a few here in Aurora without power due to last night's storm, and it looks like it's going to be that way for a few days.

10. I'm going to have to start drafting these during the week. I always get to 10 and get stuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the first time you went to tug! We called it a Hootinanny ... sounds like annual fun to me!

Glad you liked the recipe; I got more where that came from!

I have the rest of the HP books, so maybe I'll have to come visit before you're done with Book 4?

Love you!