8.04.2008

Alice in Chicago

Alice finally got a taste of Chicago this weekend. My MIL thought we should take her on the train down to see the bean and everything else Millennium Park had to offer. It turned out to be a fabulous idea and the weather was wonderful! Here are some snippets of the day.

I think Alice could have spent all day looking at herself in the bean.
It could have used a good wash though, it was pretty nasty.
I bet if we had a rag she would have happily polished the lower two feet of it.


"Woah!"
Did I mention she enjoyed the bean?



THE bean.


I can see why my ILs come here to spend the day walking and relaxing.
It's quite beautiful (and a lot different than the last time I saw it in the dead of winter).


Of course we had to stop off at the kiddy park and play on the slides.
And as usual Alice found a friend who made her giggle so very hard.


She wasn't too sure about the fountain at first.
I'm still not too sure about it, it smelled like fish.
Next time Matt gets to hold her hand and I get to take the pictures. :)


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure is lot nicer than the last time I saw Mill. Park - back when it was an empty lot with a "Coming Soon" sign.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fantastic day! I love the picture of you holding Alice and looking into The Bean. Such beautiful girls ...

Dr. Cindy S. C. Rice said...

I need a Becky, Matt and Alice fix badly!!!! What a very cool place for all of you to enjoy with family. You are all so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

The previous comment was obviously written by my Mom. I just can't seem to imagine Charlie saying "You are all so beautiful!" lol I miss you all sooo much! Loves to all!!