9.05.2006

thumpa thumpa

well today i had my first weekly NST (non stress test). i have to do them every week due to the cholistasis to make sure baby is doing fine in there. it basically consists of getting two straps around my belly, one that measures contractions, and one for fetal heart tones. as soon as they put the heart one on me we heard that wonderful sound that is the heartbeat of the baby. it was incredibly loud coming out of the machine and it sounded much like a horse walking. matt still thinks it sounds like KITT from knight rider. so we were in the room for 20 minutes or so just listening to the little thump thump. the nurse came in and took the print out to my OB. everything looked fine so they proceeded to go ahead and stimulate the baby. for this they use this little buzzing device that when applied to my belly for less than 5 seconds made this little baby boy or girl jump up and start squirming! baby's heart rate went from the 130s-140s up to 170s-180s! and was s/he ever moving! i told matt that i really need one of those buzzy things for the days when baby is being real lazy. i get paranoid when i don't feel it kick for a while. :) the end result was completely normal.

as for the palpitations and fast heart rate...they seem to have subsided *knock on wood*. since i got on the iron supplements i've been feeling 90% better and my heart rate has returned to normal. guess it truly was the anemia. i have a follow up appointment with my GP this weekend, hopefully he'll be just as happy as i am.

oh, this weekend also brings painting! i'm crossing my fingers that we get the taping, priming, and painting done this weekend. otherwise coco will have to sleep on the couch the weekend of my shower (and sarah has already claimed the floor). if we get it all done this weekend i can concentrate on getting things put in their places next week. i'll post pictures when it's done.

1 comment:

JENNY said...

Becky - I'm so glad things went so well today! I'm sure YOU were so relieved with everything!! I'm so happy for you!!! It's almost time! GL with painting!!! So exciting!!! :)