9.21.2006

shower

thanks to my sister in law annie the shower went off w/o a hitch on sunday. everyone had a great time and i couldn't believe how generous everyone was! here are some highlights.


the incredibly yummy cake!!



my MIL made this. it has a poem on it that was on a needlepoint she got when matt was born. she tried to clean it but the thread bled so she made a shadow box with it instead. the other day she gave me the needlepoint and it doesn't look so bad so we may hang it anyway.



everyone had loads of fun playing baby bingo. hehe, thank GOD it was the only game we played!



grandpa rice (man it's weird to refer to my dad as that!) was so proud of himself that he picked these outfits out all by himself. :) i think he did a very good job.



the little lace booties that my aunt ruth tatted for baby. so incredibly dainty.



the frog slippers/booties my grandma made for baby
(yes mike, they ARE frogs).



the hand knit sweater aunt mary made for our little pumpkin. she's so good at it some ppl at the shower thought it was store bought! i assured them that no, she's just THAT good.



this is from matt's aunt eva. she went with my MIL to the store and they saw DIAPER CHAMP on the registry. they looked all over and finally asked a saleslady what it was...they laughed hysterically when they found out it was just a diaper pail. they were looking for something much more useful based on the name. :)



jessie mccoy (to the right of me) gave us a BABY ON BOARD sign for the car...not b/c she thought we needed it, but b/c she thought of matt when she bought it and his love of the simpsons (you know, when homer is in the band the B-Sharps and they sing "baby on board". yah, well, WE thought it was funny.)



can you tell i'm saying "take the damn picture already..."? i never thought opening so many presents could be so tiring!



this "WEE PUBLICAN" bib came w/o a card. i knew right away it was from my BIL stephen who LOVES to argue politics with matt (steve is die hard republican and he THINKS that matt is die hard democrat when in fact if he's anything he's liberal). my MIL was pretty proud of me that i knew who it was from right away. :) matt says we're going to take a picture of it with baby spitup all over it and send it to steve.



muppet babies board books from my SIL cathy (pictured).



one of my most favorite items, it's a coverall from matt's aunt yvonne. it reminds me of the raccoon suit from super mario bros 3, minus the tail.



a few days ago matt's co-workers took the two of us out to eat and gave us a giftcard for $140! incredibly unexpected but we'll gladly use it! more pictures later if annie has some good ones to share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Damn - I feel old. My sister is knocked up and little Jessie McCoy is a grown up!

And it's not a raccoon suit - it's a Tanooki suit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanooki
They are like "raccoon dogs" and they typically have very, very large ... ummm, just follow the link.