9.13.2006

FINALLY!

well the nursery is almost done. matt and i primed and painted this past weekend and this week i've spent putting things in their proper places. still waiting for matt to get some of the crap off of the top shelf in the closet though. i would totally kill myself if i tried to get all of that down with as awkward as i am most days. so i'm getting the rest of the house together instead of finishing that up. matt's been working like a freaking madman at work. i can't even count the extra hours he's put in since last friday. FREAKING REDICULOUS. the poor guy. at least he was able to come home early today. sarah and aunt corrine will be staying here on saturday for the shower on sunday (EDIT, sarah just informed me she's swamped at school and can't come so i don't know yet if coco will coming either). i can't wait, partly b/c i just want to get all the baby shopping done ASAP and partly b/c i can't wait to see some of the family and friends who are going to be there. it should be fun, i just hope they don't do the toilet paper game. i will hate every minute of that. i don't think ann would be that cruel. :)

i found out this week at my OB appointment that when my bile levels were checked that they were only 3 times that of normal. which is more than enough for a cholestasis diagnosis, but not enough to be overly concerned (granted it's enough for monitoring and treatment). the OB informed me that the patients he see who have it real bad have levels 10 times or more than normal, which he informed me very well could have happened in my case had we not caught it early. this makes me feel A LOT better, and in fact that OB has now become my favorite OB at the practice based on that appointment. i appreciated how he handled himself and that he informed me of so much that my other OBs had left out. so right now i think i'm going to forgo the amnio. i'll still get induced at 39 weeks if no progress before then, but i think i'm going to opt to let nature take it's course instead of getting induced early. hopefully baby will come on his/her own around 37-38 weeks b/c i really don't want to be induced!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again I am very sorry about not making to the baby shower. By the time I was just done with the homework it was over 10 pages long. I hope you got my gift. Again, I am very sorry about not making it. I thought about you on that Sunday. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Just a few more weeks, you getting excited? See you on Turkey Day!