8.31.2006

update

well yesterday i had another OB appointment. from here on out i'll be seeing the OB every week now because of the NST that i have to do every week (and actual appointments every other week...plus the NST). i asked my OB what he thought about inducing me since the cardiologist and my GP both think it would be a good idea to induce me as soon as they can. well my doc said they don't normally induce for "comfort sake". in my mind i didn't think that it would be for comfort sake...i mean my doctors just want me to get my body back to normal ASAP. well he then went on to say that they'll offer to do an amnio at 36 or 37 weeks and then if the baby's lungs are mature they'd go ahead and induce me. if not they'll probably give me a steroid shot to help that along. also if they forgo the amnio and i don't go into labor by 38 weeks they'll induce me at 39 weeks (due to the cholistasis). and obviously if the NST at some point indicates a problem (or if my liver is showing signs of stress) they'll take the baby ASAP regardless of age. so i guess now we just wait and see.

No comments: