3.19.2008

Grandpa's House: Part III

Sunday just happened to be the men cook for the women breakfast at church, so of course we actually made it to church for once. I wasn't going to pass up scrambled eggs with chives, croissants, and sausage for a little extra sleep. Plus Tori was coming and I had to see her. Turns out Fr. Kip's granddaughter, Mia was there too, sans her mother. I've been telling Jessica since we had the girls (Mia is just a few days older than Kaylee) that we need to get them together, but our paths never crossed. Well at least I finally got to meet the little one, and Alice got to make a new friend. Man oh man did these kids take to each other instantly. I didn't get a chance to ask Mrs. Radcliffe how the two girls got along in the nursery though - either they fought or Alice just missed her mommy because when she returned just before communion she was huffy like she's be crying. I'm assuming it was the latter since after church they were hugging and kissing again.

BTW, dad, just thought I'd tell you what a great job you did throwing that together at the last minute. Good thing you're retired!




No comments: