8.16.2007

Rash Update

Well we're now entering month 4 with this beast of a rash. The only good thing I can say is I THINK using washcloths and water instead of wipes is helping to some degree. It's been looking so-so instead of terrible for a few weeks with only one or two days of a milder flareup. Mind you the rash is still there and what looks "so-so" you might actually think looks horrendous.

So we took alice to the doc today and I insisted on cultures. My doc proceeded to tell me that with the way her bum looks today they wouldn't find much with a culture. I was going to insist on one anyway b/c it couldn't hurt, when he told me that if this next cream he just Rxed (it's an antifungal + steroid) that he's going to refer her to a dermatologist. Once I knew that there would be an end to the madness of "well that didn't work, try this" I was ok with not doing a culture.

So the plan is to use this new stuff for 2 weeks and if no improvement we'll see a dermatologist. I don't know what else to do, we've tried everything.

No comments: