8.24.2007

Happy 10 Months, Alice!


Not long now and we’ll be celebrating her birthday! Gah…I don’t know where time goes. Yeah, I know I say that every month, but it’s true!

So What’s Alice Been Up To?

Chasing cats. Ok so she’s done this for a while but now instead of steamrolling across the house, she crawls at lightening speed. She’s getting it down pretty well and I think she may just end up being one of those babies who just army crawl and not on their hands and knees. That’s fine with me, but she does look awfully silly flopping around the house!

Being defiant. Man does this kid have a temper! God help the person who tells her NO for they may just lose a toe – or their hearing. Especially when she starts dropping food from her high chair on purpose. We’ll tell her no-no and she throws a HUGE fit, then proceeds to do it again. She only stops when you remove her from the situation. Like I said before, at least she comes by it honestly. :)

Her favorite games: the dropping game (doesn’t every kid at some point?!), peek-a-boo (she’s just stared doing it herself), and of course chase the kitty!

She’s regressing. ;) Alice has said numerous things (and known what they mean) since about five months old, but recently everything is “DA DA”. I swear she knows that all I want to hear is “MA MA” again and she’s just messing with my head. The only other thing she seems to call by its proper name (other than when she really does mean “DA DA” for daddy) is the “KI KA” or kitty cat. Oh I take that back, she is saying “HI” now too, as in “HI DADDY”. What are you doing to me kid!! Matt just smiles and tells me that now I know how HE felt all those months.

Keeping Mommy and Daddy on their toes. Whether it’s tugging on telephone cords or shutting off the computer when Mommy is trying to update the family on all things Alice she’s getting into everything.

Teething. I’m pretty sure the reason she hasn’t slept well in nearly three weeks is that her two front teeth are coming in. Her gums are SO swollen and she hasn’t been eating well at all. Hopefully they’ll break through soon!

Stacking blocks. The set she got from Great Aunt Mary in December of last year have become one of her new favorite toys. It’s one of the only things that will keep her entertained for longer than a minute.

Attempting to pull up. The key word is attempting. :)

She's a big girl. At 10 months she's already wearing size 4 diapers and she's in to 12 month clothing. I'm again dealing with trying to find clothes that fit her because she's so long. If it fits her length wise it's huge on her width wise. Needless to say I've been putting her in a lot of unsnapped onesies tucked into pants or dresses.

Keep an eye on your mailboxes! I just finished her b-day invites and I should be receiving them in the mail shortly and I’ll be sending them out soon after that.

No comments: