10.22.2007

What's New?

--My kitchen floor. Saturday my BIL Fred came over to help lay tile in our kitchen with Matt. We're lucky we had him b/c we needed to lay a sub-floor since the sheet rock was so badly damaged and Matt isn't the best in the home improvement department. And now I can say that I know how to lay tile...well the peel and stick kind anyway. :)

--Matt threw his back out, badly. So bad in fact that my SIL took him to the ER this morning. They think it's his sciatica acting up big time, but the ER couldn't order an MRI to be certain so they sent him home with pain meds and orders to follow up with his doctor. He's probably going to be working from home all week.

--Alice's birthday is on Wednesday! I can't believe a whole year has gone by already. I'm feeling sad and happy all at the same time.

--Alice is now the proud owner of 5 teeth (and soon to be 6). One more bottom tooth made it's appearance today and it's partner on the other side is making it's way out as well.

--She's no longer eating anything baby related. As of about a month ago she's been strictly on table food and whole milk. And I threw all but one bottle away!

--No walking yet. She's been cruising furniture for a month now and she's just now getting the courage to try and stand on her own. Maybe in another month or so (just in time to see Kaylee)!!

--My is she being SO ornery lately. The kid has such an attitude...at least she comes by it honestly, eh?

--Clothes shopping is such a bear. She's so tall that she needs pants that are 18-24 months, but she's so skinny that anything that size falls off of her. I think she's going to be in floods until she is big enough for adjustable waistbands.

--She's my little helper. Alice LOVES to sit on the floor with a basket of clean laundry and hand me up a piece of clothing when I ask for it.

--Communication is finally starting to get easier. She'll now shake her head yes or no and really mean it.

--She is STILL on a "Momma" boycott. I swear she thinks my name is Daddy.

--She's not allergic to peanuts. Matt convinced me to let her try peanut butter a while ago (even though she's not "supposed" to have it until she's 2) and thank goodness she didn't have a reaction.

--She's still as cute as ever!

2 comments:

jessicat said...

Beautiful would be a better word to describe her! So sorry we will miss seeing you all at Thanksgiving! What fun she is growing so fast. I personally still have to alter clothes for Katherine as she too is too tall and skinny, just dart everything up the sides with your machine or by hand - only takes a moment. My kids ate peanut butter and honey both early on - I ignore all rules - oh well. Since no one in my family had the allergy I didn't stress too much.

Love you all!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday kid. See ya in a month!