10.30.2007

For Those of You Who Couldn't Make It

Saturday went very well despite a sick baby and a crippled daddy. Thank the Lord for family for with out them we wouldn't have been able to pull it off!


Like I said, Alice was sick for her big day. At least she wasn't the only one at the party who was. Augie and Amanda (whom I'm betting were the ones who shared this delightful bug) had the same thing Alice did, but they were already well on their way to getting over it. Daddy was laid up on the couch, Auntie Mary was laid up in a chair for she had gallbladder surgery that week, and Auntie Annie's boyfriend Mike was miserable due to shoulder surgery he had that week. You would have thought the living room was an infirmary!


Good food was had by all. We seemed to have outdone ourselves on the appetizers though since we ended up taking 5 pizzas home with us that night!


Phase 10, a Bathje Family tradition. If I remember correctly Grandpa Rice was apparently cheating. :)


Everyone was incredibly generous! Alice lost interest about half way through so my nephews and I opened her presents for her, but I have to say Alice is very much enjoying all her new things. One of Mommy's favorite toys is a kid camera. Uncle Fred and Kathy know how much Alice LOVES to play with mine and so far she is really digging having her very own. I'm sure I'll be posting pics taken by her soon enough!


MMMmMMmMMmmMMMm...cake. Even though they didn't look as nice as I had hoped, they sure did taste great!

No comments: