6.15.2007

Time is a beast

Not a whole lot going on here so I haven't really thought about updating. Alice is STILL doing the whole separation anxiety BS. It gets to me, but I have to just let her cry. Unfortunately she rarely stops crying when I leave her be and go about my business. In fact most of the time she gets worse and eventually I have to give in and pick her up.

No crawling here which is fine by me, but I think she'd be a happier baby if she could. I'm just not quite ready to let go of my baby. I never thought that the old cliché about kids growing up fast was true, but it certainly is. It's hard for me to believe that in less than two months she'll have been "on the outside" longer than I carried her - and shortly after that we'll be celebrating her first birthday. Ugh, it's so amazing, yet oh so scary.

Does it all just go downhill from here?

Am I going to just wake up one day, 40 with 4 kids and wonder where the heck time has gone?

When I was younger I remember summer vacation lasting what seemed like forever, and as I got older it never seemed to last long enough. Unfortunately that's what a year is feeling like to me now. I wish I could slow it all down.


BTW - When I peeked in Alice's mouth today to check on the progress of her tooth guess what I found...ANOTHER TOOTH! It's JUST broken through (and right next to the other one) so it will be another week or two before I can get a pic of it. Pretty soon the cats are going to hate her twice as much as they do now (she LOVES to nibble on their ears).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never downhill, dear. Always look up and keep on climbing. You leave behind fond memories, but keep on making new ones.