6.28.2009

Why Are Strangers So Much Nicer In the South?

I don't think I've ever met a restaurant hostess that was more chipper
than the one we encountered at an O'Charley's near Chattanooga, TN.
Now whenever I dine at said restaurant I won't blame the whole chain
for hiring morons (I've had really bad luck with them and figured it
had to have been a problem they have nationally). Apparantly I just
need to take a LONG roadtrip when I'm craving southern fried chicken
salad and hot sweet rolls.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell we are on our way home. Sadly we left
Georgia and all of our loved ones who live there (or near there)
behind this morning. It was a very sad goodbye and I miss all of them
desperately already. We are currently somewhere outside of Nashville,
TN and plan to stop for the day wherever the road has led us by around
7:30pm. The girls (and, let's face it, the parents) can't take much
more than that in the car so we'll spend the night in a hotel and head
home early tomorrow morning. We should be back in Chicagoland
sometime tomorrow!

I'm so sad it's all over, but we definitely had a blast seeing everyone!

1 comment:

maggie said...

Southern hospitality is not a myth! Glad they took good fried chicken care of you!