5.14.2006

mother's day

well i wasn't really expecting matt to get me something today since i'm still a mommy-to-be, but he surprised me this morning with doughnuts for breakfast (i've been craving them the past few days!), a cute card (in which he wrote "happy 0th mother's day!"), and a baby name book (that we so DESPERATELY need!). it was pretty cute.

i'm all prepared for matt's "0th" father's day. matt is definitely getting this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
it's kid's music he can stomach, but SHHHHH don't tell him.


my SIL threw her annual mother's day cookout today. it's unseasonably cold here but despite that the day was pretty good. if nothing else the food was great! kathy made this dill pickle dip that is always present at family functions but i've never tried it before b/c i hate dill pickles. so i finally tried it and to my surprise i LOVED it! i don't know if my taste buds have changed because i'm pregnant, but i guess we'll see once this baby is born.

apparently my belly is finally starting to get noticiably bigger because this weekend i got my first belly pat from someone other than matt. i was kind of uncomfortable since i'm not feeling the baby yet and it just felt like mary was patting my fat, but i guess it's something i've got to get used to.

No comments: