5.24.2006

4 months

i can't believe i'm here. four months pregnant and heading into my fifth month! ahhh! 20 weeks will be here before i know it and two weeks from now is the big ultrasound!! if the next few months go by as fast as the past four have october will be here before i know it! can you tell i'm in shock???

anyway, things are going well here. i've been staying on top of the water issue so i haven't had many kidney issues lately. my IBS is acting up, but that's to be expected. and i'm having some heart palpitations that i'm going to ask my OB about next week. other than that the only new thing that has been bothering me is the terrifying nightmares i have nearly every night. prior to getting pregnant i hardly ever remembered my dreams, and the ones i had were never like how most ppl describe their dreams. no pictures, no colors, just sound. well once i got pregnant that all changed. they became so vivid i'd wake up and think that they really happened! well around 10 weeks or so the dreams went away until just a few weeks ago. then they came back and they had changed from pleasant dreams to very freaky nightmares. the other night i even woke up screaming for the first time in my life and my heart was practically jumping out of my chest. the worst part is i get a bad dream nearly every night. some baby related and some not. strangely enough after my really bad dream where i woke up screaming i read an article about how common nightmares are in the second trimester. it's something about hormones and anxiety about parenthood/delivery. regardless, i can't wait until they go away.

i started a baby blanket this week. i'm VERY pleased at how it's turning out.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

it's white and it's the basket weave stitch. i can't tell you how happy i was when i figured out why all the blankets i've made in the past were curvy. this one so far has turned out straight as can be! i'm going to make a sweater, hat, and booties to match.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097981/

Reccommended viewing for your nightmares. ;-)

jessicat said...

Wow! It is beautiful, you- are doing a very nice job on it. I am very proud of you!

I love you lots!!

You big sis,
J

jessicat said...

Wow! It is beautiful, you- are doing a very nice job on it. I am very proud of you!

I love you lots!!

You big sis,
J