4.30.2009

Izzy Update

Izzy had her first chardiologist appointment today. The office was
like heaven to Alice as it was the first office she'd ever been to
that was totally for kids. This means bright colors, LOTS of toys,
and tiny little uncomfortable waiting room chairs that were just her
size. Needless to say we didn't have to do any Alice wrangling while
we were there.

The appointment went well. The nurse did a lot of poking and prodding
at Izzy and everything still looks normal, which means the hole isn't
giving her any issues yet. Her doc came in (which by the way, I
totally love this guy so far) and listened to her heart. Her murmur
is still there and louder than he remembered. Believe it or not
that's actually a good thing because it could mean the hole is getting
smaller (thus the pressure is different. If it were getting bigger
the pressure would be equal). We'll know for sure in two weeks when
we go back.

I'm glad the first appointment is over. In my mind I was thinking it
would be harder than it actually was. I'll keep you posted (and
update with pics) as I'm finally feeling LOADS better!

2 comments:

Dr. Cindy S. C. Rice said...

The Catholic beads just keep rattling! So proud of all of you!

maggi said...

This is such good news! Thanks for letting us know, and for passing around extra hugs. (I'm assuming you will?)