1.13.2009

Look Who Fell Asleep...

Holding my hand in the middle of lunch.

I haven't updated much lately, but I promise to get pics from Xmas and the trip to Jville up soon. Most of you know that we lost our 13 year old nephew, Wesley, on the 2nd to a massive stroke, and Gram was hospitalized around the same time. I've been under a lot of stress as one would expect, so I've been trying to take it easy and de-stress. I'm having quite a few contractions (which the doc isn't terribly worried about) and my blood pressure has been high (something we're keeping an eye on) so the less stress the better. Please keep the family, especially my BIL and SIL, in your thoughts and prayers. We could all really use them right now.

Baby Isabel (we have a name!) reached viability on Sunday, but let's hope she cooks at least another 10 weeks more or better! It's a nice milestone to reach because I know that if, God forbid, something were to happen and I'd have to deliver her now that she'd have at least some chance of survival and that the docs would actually take drastic measures to save her. I found out I have placenta previa (basically the placenta is blocking the opening of the cervix) and will have another ultrasound in 6 weeks to see if it has moved. Doc said that in about 90% of cases it does move with the growth of the uterus so I'm not too concerned about having a c-section at the moment. Obviously if it doesn't move I'll need a section because she won't be able to get out w/o killing her blood supply. Plus I don't particularly want to bleed out.

Despite all of the hard things we've been dealing with, things are good here. Our 6 year wedding anniversary is coming up on Sunday, and Tori is coming for a visit this weekend. Hopefully they will both be a good distraction!

14 comments:

Riah-Riah said...

Love the pic! Alice is such a sweet girl, and I love seeing her little face. Congrats on viability!

Sorry to hear about the previa, is it partial or complete? Praying it moves up for you.

LOVE the name!!!! Goes great with Alice too. And again I am so sorry for the loss of your nephew. I just can't imagine. Praying for your whole family.

Happy Early Anniversary, and enjoy your visit!

Becky said...

hey sariah! how are the twins and that sweet, sweet boy of yours? well i hope. thanks again for the condolences, it means a lot.

it is a partial previa, but today at my appointment my doc said that it's super low and it wouldn't take much movement in one direction for the cervix to be completely blocked. i'm hoping it moves around, i SO do not want a section!

do you have names picked out for the twins yet? if so i probably read them and forgot. congrats on reaching 100 days!! not long now, momma!

Anonymous said...

Bex ... you and the extended fam remain in my prayers. I love you and send out happy thoughts all the time.

Isabel Bathje ... what a great name; I love it! Enjoy your anniversary. It doesn't seem like six years, does it? Sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago, other times only yesterday.

I love you guys.

jessicat said...

Beckster -

You are in my thoughts as is your family with respect to Wesley, I am familiar with the plights of family with children with disabilities. What a difficult time this must be for them and for all of you.

Congratulations on the other hand that for a milestone with "Isabel" what a pretty name. How about a middle name? Do you have one picked out yet? faith is always good (hee hee, that is mine of course, Grace, Elizabeth...)

Much love and care heading your way.

Love your sis!

niftysunburn said...

I thought it was going to be Isabel Butt Bathje?

Unknown said...

Butt is a good name. A name you can really get behind.

niftysunburn said...

I can't get behind any of that!

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, Marissa was almost 12 weeks early, and didn't need any drastic care. Just more time to grow in the incubator. I am sure everything will be fine, and Isabel will be here when she is ready!

Unknown said...

Almost two months since your last update and 82 days since you even bothered to Tweet?

For shame. Not ALL of your family is in Illinois and hanging out with you and knows what's going on and such.

Just sayin.

niftysunburn said...

umm....


an update?

with video

Anonymous said...

Why do I even look at this blog anymore?

niftysunburn said...

To get a sense of how much better yours is.





And only b/c you actually update it.

Becky said...

gee, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love you, Bex ... and I miss your updates!

And James? Bite me.