2.06.2008

What Will $2,600 Get You in 2008?

The freaking coolest camera I've ever owned, that's what!!! So Mr. UPS man came today and dropped off the most spectacular package I've ever received - my order from B&H! So I went a little overkill and got a better camera then I was originally going to get, but I didn't go over my budget, does that count? :) Anyway, I haven't had that much time to fiddle with it since it was nearly impossible to read the manual and play while Alice was awake. Plus by the time I got it the good light of the day was nearly gone. Here are my first shots with my beast of a camera! They're not the best, but hey it's pretty damn good for being in full auto mode.








ANYWAY...we had the most overly hyped up winter storm come through here today. We were supposed to get 10 inches by morning, then it was 10 inches by 6pm tonight. Well we ended up with a lot of slush and about 4 inches of snow on top of that. It was supposed to be the worst storm we've had all winter (we've had far too many for my taste) and it turned out nothing like they had anticipated.

On another note, we took Alice to the doctor today just to make sure she didn't have fluid in her lungs. The doc said she was on the mend and said to keep up with the vaporizer. He also mentioned that she'll sound worse than she really is b/c her nasal passages are much smaller than ours so that's good to hear. Her first sick visit and she wasn't even sick enough for meds! :) I'm glad we went though b/c I'd rather be safe than sorry, especially since my MIL's turned to pneumonia.

Matt seemed to dodge the bug for the most part, at least he didn't get it nearly as bad or for as long as I did. Then he came home from work tonight and looked like the walking dead. I knew he had a fever when he couldn't get warm with sweats, four heavy blankets, and a heating pad. Sure enough it was 102.5*F. I'm betting he'll be home with us tomorrow, and if that's the case he's going to the doctor. Let's hope he gets over this soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bex, the pictures are beee-yooo-teee-ful! Well done, girlie. Looking forward to many more!

Unknown said...

Dang ... it's amazing what a high-quality camera will do ... maybe I can talk Rae into picking one up.

Right after her new car.

And my XBox.