4.16.2006

a day at the zoo

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

we had the kids this weekend. paul and nicole went to a wedding so we took the kids for the day and we had some free passes to brookfield zoo so we decided to take the kids to the "big zoo" as they call it. when we got there we didn't even need the passes b/c there was a nice family there who had a pass for 8 people and they only had 4 so they said that they'd get us in on their pass. that's the second time that's happened to me at that zoo. ppl can be so nice. anyway, we had a great day, but it took A LOT out of me. i never thought i could get so tired from spending a day at the zoo!! the pic above is of the kids (OBVIOUSLY!!). they're sitting on a frog statue, but silly me didn't realize i cut the whole thing out of the picture when i took it b/c the sun was blinding me so much. and it was the ONLY pic i took that the zoo that day!!

when we got home i asked augie if he wanted to help me make dinner and he was all over that!! he had so much fun and he did such a good job helping me make jessica's sloppy joe casserole (one of his FAVORITE dishes). nicole said that augie didn't talk about the zoo hardly at all the next day (they spent the night with us too) but he kept going on and on about helping me in the kitchen! :) i love those little monsters.

No comments: