3.01.2006

baby blob

well my numbers continued to climb so they scheduled me for my first u/s for today! i can't tell you how excited i was that i was going to have an u/s and actually see something in my uterus! i mean all the other times i've had them all i saw was an empty cavity and my chocolate chip cookie looking ovaries. this time i actually saw a blob! and it was a baby blob!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

i'm measuring exactly 5w3d which is exactly what i had expected based on my ovulation day. there is the yolk sac at the top of the gestational sac and it appears my baby is on the left, which believe it or not is where i felt all the implantation pains. you can't see it in this picture, but when she was doing the u/s you could see these "questionable" spots that she thinks are probably just fluid or "maternal lakes", but there is a chance it could be a baby!! i would totally take multiples, but i'm afraid that since i have the small septum that there wouldn't be enough room for more than one. we shall see, but right now i'm just praying that there is one healthy baby in there. i go in next wednesday for my second u/s and they hope to see the heartbeat! after that i'll make an appointment for 3 weeks later w/ my OB and then i'll have one more u/s with my RE before they release me! the u/s tech highly recommended an OB office that is in the same building as my RE so we're going to see if they are on our plan and that they will deliver me at Edward Hospital. i hope so...i'm slowly running out of options considering i've been through 3 OB/GYNs in 3 years b/c i wasn't comfortable w/ them! i hope the office is as fantastic as the RE office is!!

No comments: